simplekml is a python library for generating kml (or kmz). It was designed to alleviate the burden of having to study KML in order to achieve anything worthwhile with it. If you have a simple understanding of the structure of KML, then simplekml is easy to run with and create usable KML.
- Homepage for news and updates.
- Download from PyPi or alternatively from simplekml’s homepage download section.
- Google Group for discussions, questions, comments or requests
- Samples file for example code with corresponding KML. This file is simply a network link. When examples and tutorials are updated the updates will reflect in the sample file, so you do not have to download it every time something new is added to the documentation.
- KML Reference as published by Google for a good understanding of what KML is capable of. simplekml implements everything found in the KML Reference, and all properties and arguments are named exactly the same as in the KML Reference except special characters are dropped and everything is lower case (for example the colon in all the gx names are dropped and the name is converted to lowercase, gx:TimeSpan becomes gxtimespan)
Table of Contents¶
- Getting Started
- Release History